Turn engineering theory into practice at Yerba Buena’s High School’s Engineering and Architecture Academy. We’ll help you bring complex ideas to life while you learn engineering basics and hone the life skills needed for various careers and college degrees within aerospace, computer science and other engineering careers.
We’ve partnered with Project Lead the Way (PLTW) to create a 4-year engineering program filled with courses that are rigorous, hands-on, and reality-based. At this high school for architecture and design, you’ll get the technical basics as well as numerous opportunities for networking, leadership roles, and job shadowing in the tech industry. The Engineering and Architecture Academy at Yerba Buena High School gives you the foundational education, tools, and opportunity to solve real-world challenges and design electric hybrid cars.
Yerba Buena High School’s Engineering and Architecture Academy teaches you to:
- Learn the skills through a world-class curriculum (Project Lead the Way)
- Learn the engineering design process through hands-on projects.
- Design, prototype and build your invention
- Reverse engineer and improve on existing products
- Compete for engineering jobs with more experience than students at traditional schools
Rigorous, reality-based architecture and design courses means you won’t just learn engineering theory, you’ll put it into practice. At the Engineering and Architecture Academy at Yerba Buena High School you will:
View class descriptions
- Have access to state of the art equipment that will allow you to build high quality prototypes, thus giving you real-world experience on equipment that will qualify you to begin work on day one
- Have the opportunity to become certified in software programs such as AutoCAD and certified on equipment such as robot arms and welding simulators
- Work in cohorts to solve problems that are relevant to you and your community